3. We have a wide range of opportunities available. Mentor. Tutor. Home Assistant. And so much more! The opportunities are endless and we have special projects all the time. And you know what? If you have a talent or interest you’d be willing to share with us that you don’t see covered in our current available opportunities, I bet we could use it! All you have to do is reach out to us and we will find a place for you!
4. Our moms are awesome! They are hard-working and hilarious and pretty fun to be around. We get to help them through some tough things and we get to celebrate their successes with them. Volunteering is always more fun when you get to spend time with great people!
5. You may get to hang out with some babies! I’ll let these pictures do the talking for this one:
7. You might learn something! Whether you’re forced to learn something in order complete a project or you learn something while helping a mom, chances are you’ll find out something you didn’t know before volunteering with us. I interned at New Beginnings prior to working here in the capacity that I do now and I deepened my knowledge in so many areas from interacting with and helping others to the day-to-day operations of a non-profit. Most importantly, I gained experience in a Christian environment and therefore strengthened my faith. As staff members, we are learning and growing in faith every day and you will too!
8. It’s great experience to add to a resume. No matter what you’re doing to help us, you’re gaining great experience that you could add to your resume! Want to practice a new skill? What better place is there to put that skill to use?
10. WE NEED YOU! Without the support of our donors and volunteers, New Beginnings could not continue to run and help moms here in Milwaukee. With the help of volunteers, we’re able to help more moms and do more to help the moms we already have here. The bottom line is that volunteers are vital to the success of our moms and our program as a whole. Your talents and time are needed here!
“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45
“So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Galatians 6:10
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10
“Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon.” Isaiah 58:1