* Get a lot of sleep! The recommended sleep a person should get is 7.5 to 9 hours.
* Eat breakfast! It provides you with important nutrients such as calcium, iron and B vitamins as well as protein. Breakfast also helps your energy level and gives your brain a jump start to the day!
* Keep a system! I pick out my clothes the night before and prepare lunch. Keep a system so you won’t be stressing the morning of.
* Get your homework done first! As soon as you get home from school start your homework so you won’t be up all night trying to finish it.
* Take some time for yourself. Keep yourself happy so you won’t be less stressed! Watch your favorite show, read a book, talk a walk. Make sure to do something you love that helps you stay balanced.
These are a few tips I use to remain balanced and focused. I know sometimes things don’t go as planned. You may have to stay up late to finish homework, other things come up and you can’t finish your assignments. God has blessed me with succeeding in school and also dealing with life obstacles. I know He will bless the mothers here at New Beginnings too. Praying to God can help keep you focused when things don’t go as planned. Put your trust in Him and everything will work out. Always remember after the storm (school), the sunshine (Graduation) comes out. God Bless!
DeShanna Turner- Smith Is the intern here at New Beginnings. She is pursuing her associates degree at Milwaukee Area Technical College in human services and will be graduating in December. While juggling school and work she enjoys spending time with her daughter. She's so excited and thankful to be apart of the New Beginnings team!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.